Budget cuts are endangering critical services for the disabled. Beth Blalock (GLD ’12) is organizing people for Alabama’s 2012 Disabilities Advocacy Day, which will be held in Montgomery on March 8th. A flyer for the event is here.The event’s agenda is as follows:
- 9:15 a.m. Registration Begins
- 10:00 a.m. Welcome and Advocacy Training
- 10:45 a.m. Rally and Press Conference++
- 11:15 a.m. Meet and Greet with Alabama Elected Officials++
- 12:00 p.m. Appointments with Legislative Delegates (Please schedule these in advance for yourself and your group.)
- 2:30 p.m. Advocacy Day Ends
++ Please extend a personal invitation to your local delegation to attend these events. Formal invitations have been delivered.
Please RSVP by completing the registration form at www.aladan.org. Online registration will be available beginning February 20, 2012. The AL DAN website can be used as a resource to plan your day. Updates will be made periodically to the site. Either registration form may be used to request accommodations. Requests for accommodations should be made by February 27, 2012.
AL DAN is looking for individuals who would like assist in organizing local efforts to bring people to Montgomery. If you would like to assist with this, please call the AL DAN office at (205) 251-2223 Ext. 113 or email email@example.com.