Groups from across Alabama and the United States are joining together to march from Selma to Montgomery March 3-8, 2013. Download the flyer here as a PDF file and read all about the plans.Each day will have a “theme,” with different groups participating in marching and mass meetings in the evening. It promises to be an inspiring event bringing people together to get serious about moving Alabama forward. In a nutshell, the agenda is as follows:
- Sunday, March 3: Gather in Selma at 2:00 for the pre-march rally. Cross the bridge and march to mile marker 87.5.
- Monday, March 4 is Education, Anti-Violence and Voting Rights day.
- Tuesday, March 5 is Women, Black Farmers and Voting Rights day.
- Wednesday, March 6 is Workers, Seniors and Voting Rights day.
- Thursday, March 7 is How to Get Children in, When We Have a Full Line
- Friday, March 8 will include a 9 AM meeting at St. Jude and a mass rally on the Capitol steps at eleven.
Participants can come on any or all days, bring as many people as they can and be involved as much as possible. For more information, call 334-262-0932 or email statecoordinator[a]aol.com.